Friday, June 5, 2015

ClevelandMoto Podcast 92. The BUS CAST!

Our first podcast from the bus! We discuss future plans for the newly acquired bus plus helmets, wiring, and the mid Ohio Challenge.

How to translate craigslist ads:


Asking $16,000, make offerSomeone please give me $10,000
$11,500 firmSomeone please give me $10,000
$8,000 firm, no low-ball offersShort of selling a kidney, I have no means of paying off the $7,500 balance on the loan on this $5,000 bike
OBOJust give me two thirds of what I'm asking, please God
Ran when I parked it, needs carb workThe 10-year-old gasoline in there has turned to mica
Needs batteryI don't have $100 for a new battery, and even if I did, putting in a new battery would only reveal that it won't start
Turns over, good compressionAt least the damn thing hasn't seized and I'm gambling you won't show up with a compression gauge
Must go this weekendI'm six months late on the rent and the eviction proceedings are starting to get serious
No low ballersThe payoff on the loan is way more than it's worth so I have to get an inflated price
Wife says it has to goI haven't ridden it in five years, but I'm the kind of person who feels better blaming someone else
No time to rideI drive my car every day because it has air conditioning and I'm lazy
Over $5,000 in extrasI wasted a lot of money on farkles nobody wants
Extended swingarm, loweredClutch is fried from playing Rickey Dragracer at every light and the bike now handles like a garbage truck
Aftermarket exhaust, sounds greatObnoxiously loud, guaranteed to tick off your neighbors
Stock exhaust but I removed the baffles, sounds greatObnoxiously loud would be an improvement; also, runs poorly
Custom paintBeen crashed
Fresh paintBeen crashed
New plasticsBeen crashed
Lots of new partsBeen crashed
Cosmetic flaws typical for its ageBeen crashed
Converted to a streetfighterBeen crashed
Salvage titleBeen crashed really bad
Barn freshMice ate holes in the air filter
Barn findDamn, I forgot this junk was still out here
Classic styleLooks dated
Instant classicIt's old
CollectibleI know, because it's been collecting dust in my garage for 15 years while I've been hoping it would go up in value
Good beginner bikeUnderpowered
Good first bikeMy only hope of unloading this junk is finding an uninformed and gullible buyer
Mechanic's specialToo many problems to list
Needs a little TLCYou probably won't make it home from the sale without breaking down
Sold "as is"If you make it out of my driveway on this thing, I don't ever want to see you or hear from you again for any reason

1 comment:

  1. Great job guys - Funny Stuff - I stopped in the Lakewood shop and picked up some pod cast stickers - they are going on my Buddy!

    ReplyDelete